Most Popular Technology Quotes
1.”I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
2. One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
—Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary and Book of Epigrams, 1923
3. The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.
4. Education makes machines which act like men and produces men who act like machines.
5. Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
—NASA in 1965
6. It is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome.
—T.S. Eliot, about radio
7. Man is a slow, sloppy and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate and stupid.
—William M. Kelly
8. Technology presumes there’s just one right way to do things and there never is.
—Robert M. Pirsig
9. The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment.
—Warren G. Bennis
10.The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers. —Sydney J. Harris
11. “Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand.”
12. “For years there has been a theory that millions of monkeys typing at random on millions of typewriters would reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. The Internet has proven this theory to be untrue.”
13. “If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.”
—Robert X. Cringely